As the name of the book suggests, migraine is not ‘just another headache’. It is a severely debilitating, complex and disabling condition which affects an estimated 12-15% of the population (over 500,000 people in Ireland). This book is aimed at both the general public and health professionals and is written by key people from the headache world in Ireland from a range of professional backgrounds.
The publication will cover not only important medical information but also the severe impact on sufferers and helpful information on how to deal with the condition and get the best help possible.
The foreword is written by the well-known psychologist and broadcaster Dr Marie Murray and includes contributions from:
- Patrick Little – CEO Migraine Association of Ireland
- Audrey Craven – President of Migraine Association of Ireland
- Professor Orla Hardiman – TCD and former Clinical Director of Beaumont Migraine Clinic
- Martin Henman – Associate Professor at the School of Pharmacy TCD
- Dr Paddy Daly – retired GP and former Clinical Director of St Vincent’s Hospital Migraine Clinic
- Dr Eddie O’Sullivan – Clinical Director of the Cork University Hospital Migraine Clinic
- Esther Tomkins – Clinical Nurse Manager at the Beaumont Clinic
- Julie Sugrue – Physiotherapist treating headache at Beaumont Hospital
- Marie Percival – Psychology Lecturer on the psychology and psychosocial aspects of a migraine
- Dr Deirdre Peake – Consultant Paediatric Neurologist Belfast Sick Children’s Hospital
- Caoimhín MacMaoláin – Lecturer in Law at TCD on migraine in the workplace