Your best friend is getting married to the man of her dreams. She has chosen you as her maid of honour. As well as looking gorgeous and being useful on the wedding day one of your main duties is to organise the Hen’s (bride’s) henparty. This is where the fun really begins.
How to Henparty is a comprehensive guide to organising and hosting the second most important event in a girl’s life after her wedding, including:
- Where to go, what to do and how to do it
- Games, nice idea, themes and more
- Handling ‘Hen-zilla’ and the different types of guests
- Managing the money side of things
- Bringing back the kitchen party and trousseau
- Making sure the Hen has a henparty she will never forget
How to Henparty, written by a woman who was five times maid of honour and henparty-organiser (before she got married herself in 2008) has lots of great real-life stories, of both fantastic experiences and disasters.
Kate Hyde is a graduate in Business Information Systems from University College Cork and the founder of the successful website www.henparty.ie. She was the first female entrepreneur to secure investment backing in the initial Irish series of Dragons’ Den. She lives with her husband in Waterford.